Thursday, January 5, 2012

New England

Hello. First of all, I like to thank everyone who has read my story that I self-published on Kindle and reviewed it. I still encourage you all to spread the word, review it on the amazon page here, and read it if you still have not.

In the month of January, I am going on a two-week trip to Concord, and learning about the American literary tradition that was created by the writings of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Louisa May Alcott, and many more.

Part of the trip will include visiting Walden Pond, the house that Hawthorne and his wife lived in for two years (where he claims to have done his best writing), and various museums. In addition to site seeing, the trip will include having meals with various well-known authors (one of them being Gregory Maguire, author of Wicked), and visiting and talking with the people of Walden Media (they are probably most famous for making the Chronicles of Narnia films).

The other part of the trip will include living like a pilgrim for roughly 2 days (1.5 to be exact) at a place called Plymouth Plantation. I have been given the pilgrim identity of William White. I have to research him and act like him during my stay on the plantation.

I hope to have some good material to write about (and how it pertains to writing--because I am studying how the context of these early American writers influenced their writing). But, I will not be posting much until I get back from the trip (2-weeks from today).

No comments:

Post a Comment