Sunday, April 22, 2012

Anxiety

Hello. Today, my faithful readers, you all get another poem. I would not consider poetry a strong point of mine. I do believe, however, if you want to be the best writer you can be, then you have to practice in all forms of writing: creative fiction, creative nonfiction, memoir, essay, and poetry (I know I am not covering all my bases here).

For me, poetry promoted a deeper thought of reflection. A greater plumbing of the human heart. And technically speaking, poetry forced me to jazz up my word choice with a richer and fuller language. Enjoy this poem I entitled, "Anxiety."


 Anxiety


Four years and nothing to show.
Major, major problems
Shakespeare won’t shake these fears
Am I Donne?

Literature litters
Greens fritter each passing
Ink symbol:

And Frost-y trees blow in
as Shels flow onto shores
of this Poe-dunk towns Walt-
zing Whit-e-men, one-two-
three step-on-toes again
“A-Pablo-gize, don’t be
a Dick-in-son,” said a man.

My eyes strain for gold and
I get the muck,
until one art piece glimmers.
And I ask—

Are these Words worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment